Then and Now
Route 25 (Main Street), looking South. The Leavenworth House is on the right. Just past the telephone pole is the junction of Route 59. On the left, the partially hidden building is the present Stepney Wine & Liquor Store, next to Doctor Mike’s ice cream shop. Old time photo, courtesy of member and longtime resident, Vivian Millard who recently passed away, is shown walking home from the Stepney Methodist Church on Sunday morning in 1950. She was the organist there for many years.
This is the same location on Route 25 looking South … and they call this progress!